I swear I was a manicurist in a past life because it’s the first thing I notice about men and women next to good skin and teeth. Ironically, this all has everything to pertain to the features I actually spend excessive time pampering and grooming on myself.
(New Category: Nails is definitely all the times I do my own nails but lack breaking down the step by step on how I get the perfect nails.)
Links to the exact nail products I use:
- I clean the nail by useing nail polish remover with acetone. It does strip the nails, but for me, it’s literally a waste of time using or trying anything else and I think it also helps prevent bacteria.
- Depending on the state of my nails, I’ll clip them because I love my nails to be short - hygienic and chic - I want to have the standard set for anyone who comes in contact with my hands, if that makes sense. I also use my fingernail clippers to remove hangnails and overgrown cuticles. Afterwards, I’ll go over the nail with an acetone wipe. I really love these! I just discovered them more recently and I feel like I run out so fast because I’m constantly doing my nails...
- Apply a ton of oil on the cuticles and nails.
- While oil is still on the nails, I use the wooden manicure sticks to shape and pushback cuticles to my liking and then I remove any leftover oil with either another acetone wipe, sanitizer, baby wipes or just by washing my hands with warm water and soap! (Duh.)
- Last, I paint my nails with a quick-drying base coat and I do a final application of cuticle oil in which this time, I actually massage the remaining oil into my hands and call it a day!
Twitter with me @TaliaVoider